Sunday, January 15, 2012

PyPy internship at NCAR

Hello, everyone

I would like to inform you that there is a very interesting opportunity for doing an internship at NCAR in the lovely town of Boulder, situated on the foothils of Rocky Mountains. Before you read on, make sure you:

  • are a student of a US University, who is legally eligible to work in the US
  • are at least finishing second year this year
  • apply before February 3rd.

The internship itself will focus on using PyPy (in some way) to provide a high performance numeric kernel for an atmospheric model, and measuring how fast we can go. This is very much in line with what the current effort on NumPy in PyPy is about. The internship will be mentored by Davide del Vento and I hope to have some influence over where it goes myself :-)

A few interesting links:

Feel free to contact Davide for details about the proposal and pypy-dev or me directly for details about PyPy.

Cheers, fijal

3 comments:

Rahul said...

It looks good opportunity for a student. You can also post it on http://jobs.pythonweekly.com/

Cameron Sparr said...

I've applied for the internship already but was hoping to get some more details so I could make some last-minute edits to my application! Do you have Davide Del Vento's contact info?

Maciej Fijalkowski said...

send me a mail