The assiduous readers of this blog surely remember that during the last Düsseldorf sprint in October, we started the process for migrating our main development repository from Subversion to Mercurial. Today, after more than two months, the process has finally been completed :-).
The new official PyPy repository is hosted on BitBucket.
The migration has been painful because the SVN history of PyPy was a mess and none of the existing conversion tools could handle it correctly. This was partly because PyPy started when subversion was still at version 0.9 when some best-practices were still to be established, and partly because we probably managed to invent all the possible ways to do branches (and even some of the impossible ones: there is at least one commit which you cannot do with the plain SVN client but you have to speak to the server by yourself :-)).
The actual conversion was possible thanks to the enormous work done by Ronny Pfannschmidt and his hackbeil tool. I would like to personally thank Ronny for his patience to handle all the various requests we asked for.
We hope that PyPy development becomes even more approachable now, at least from a version control point of view.